Ready to see the top explorers for this month? 🥾
Calling all adventurers! We’re excited to announce the new Norther Explorers of the Month for June 2023. Every month, we’ll be featuring a new set of Norther explorers who have been out there charting new territory, discovering hidden gems, and generally having a blast while doing it. Let’s catch up with this month’s (June) explorers.
1. Litchfield National ParkFlorence Falls at Litchfield National Park is a sight to behold! Water is flowing through the area in this post, creating a picturesque landscape. From the top of the falls, you can look out over the cascading water and take in the magical atmosphere. It’s the perfect place to relax and take in the beauty of nature. Whether you’re taking a dip in the pool or enjoying a picnic, Florence Falls is the perfect spot to escape the hustle and bustle of everyday life! Like Michael’s post here.
2. Elsey National ParkSwimming in the Mataranka Hot Springs is an experience like no other. When the sun rises, the warm and vibrant waters of the springs come to life. The steam rising from the water creates a magical atmosphere that is perfect for relaxation and rejuvenation. The feeling of the hot springs’ warm embrace is like a hug from Mother Nature. Elsey National Park it’s the perfect place to experience the beauty of the NT. Like Kayla’s post here.
3. Groote Eylandt
Fishing in Groote Eylandt is like a dream come true! The waters around this remote, beautiful island in the Gulf of Carpentaria are teeming with a wide variety of fish – from barramundi and kingfish to bream and queenfish. Whether you’re an experienced angler or a beginner, the crystal clear waters and abundant marine life make Groote Eylandt the perfect spot for a fishing trip. Like Jill’s post here.
Get your daily fix of Northern Territory beauty by following us on Instagram
Join our Newsletter List
Be the first to get travel hints and local recommendations.
4. West MacDonnell National Park
Take your kids on an adventure to the West MacDonnell National Park and let them explore nature like never before! From the stunning gorges and waterholes to the lush bushland and desert oasis, this magnificent park is the perfect place for your family to get away from it all and reconnect with nature. Like Amy’s post here.
5. Watarrka National ParkHave you ever dreamed of visiting the Garden of Eden? Well, you can actually do it right here in Australia – at Watarrka National Park in the Northern Territory! Located at the western end of the George Gill Range, Watarrka National Park is home to the stunning Garden of Eden, a lush oasis of lush vegetation, dramatic rock formations, and a spectacular array of native wildlife. The Garden of Eden in Watarrka National Park is an incredible example of the beauty and diversity of Australia’s natural landscape. Here you can explore the vast array of flora and fauna, including the native cycad, wattles, and eucalyptus trees that create a lush canopy of green. You can also traverse the striking sandstone formations that make up the landscape, and take in the breathtaking views from the top of the escarpment. Like Clem, Mark and Liam’s post here.
6. Keep River National Park
If you’re looking for a truly awe-inspiring sight, then a sunrise or sunset at Keep River National Park should be top of your list! There’s a reason why the park is known as one of Australia’s most beautiful places – with its beautiful rugged landscape, stunning gorges, rock formations, and abundant wildlife, the scenery at Keep River National Park is simply breathtaking.
Like this cute couple’s post here.
7. Finke Gorge National Park
If you’re looking for an unforgettable 4WD experience, you won’t want to miss out on Finke Gorge National Park in Australia’s Northern Territory! This rugged and isolated park is known for its deep gorges, spectacular sandstone formations, and stunning views. You’ll have plenty of opportunities to explore the remote bushland on 4WD tracks, with plenty of challenging terrain to keep you on your toes. And when you’re not tackling the tracks, you can enjoy a dip in the refreshing Finke River or take in the breathtaking sunsets from the lookout points. Like Jared & Chloe’s post here.
Have you ever heard of the Mandorah Jetty? This is an iconic spot in the city of Darwin, Australia. Located right on the edge of the harbor, the jetty is the perfect place to spend an afternoon. Whether you’re looking for a place to watch the sunset or just take in the beauty of the harbor, the Mandorah Jetty is the place to be. Like Kerry’s post here.
10. Limmen National Park
Have you ever been to a place that feels like a secret paradise? Limmen National Park in Australia is just that. With its stunning views and abundance of wildlife, it’s a place you’ll never forget. The park is located in the Northern Territory and is home to some of the most spectacular views in the country. From the rugged sandstone cliffs to the lush wetlands, Limmen National Park is a feast for the eyes. There’s always something new to explore, whether it’s the towering cliffs, the lush wetlands, or the wildflowers in bloom. Like Soph and Alf’s post here.
11. Judbarra National Park
Imagine the thrill of arriving to Judbarra National Park in the Northern Territory, Australia. The rugged beauty of the landscape, the expansive red-rock formations, and the rich, vibrant wildlife that call the park home – it’s a sight to behold! From breathtaking sunsets to the glimmer of stars in the night sky, Judbarra National Park has something for everyone. Like this amazing post here.
12. Nitmiluk National ParkIf you’re looking for a stunningly beautiful place to explore, you won’t want to miss Nitmiluk National Park in Australia. Here, you’ll find stunning gorges, waterfalls, and giant sandstone cliffs, among other amazing geological features. The Katherine River flows through Nitmiluk National Park, and you can take a boat tour to get up close and enjoy the sights. Plus, you can take a swim in the cooling waters of the river or take a hike along the many trails. No matter how you choose to explore, you’ll be taken aback by the gorgeous views and landscapes that Nitmiluk National Park has to offer. So don’t forget to add this incredible destination to your travel list! Like Mardi’s post here.
13. Darwin CityWhen it comes to street art, Darwin, Australia has some of the most unique and creative pieces you’ll find anywhere! From vibrant murals to distinctive sculptures, Darwin is home to a wide range of artwork that’s sure to impress. The streets of Darwin are a canvas for local artists, who have filled the city with a stunning array of colorful and eye-catching work. From geometric designs to vibrant abstract paintings, the street art of Darwin is a testament to the creativity and talent of its artists. The iconic Darwin street art is a great way to explore the city and get a glimpse into its vibrant culture. From the intricate murals of the city center to the abstract sculptures of the waterfront, the art of Darwin is a great way to experience the city. Like Franck’s post here.
We are so incredibly grateful to all the amazing explorers out there who continue to tag us and share their amazing photos with us!
From beautiful landscapes to breathtaking views, you never cease to amaze us with your creativity and passion for the outdoors. We love seeing your unique perspectives, and it’s an honour to feature your work on our social platforms. Thank you for inspiring us with your incredible talent and for helping us to keep discovering the Northern Territory in all its beauty.
Norther® would like to invite you to explore more about the beauty of the NT here. And… as always you can get more inspiration for other Destinations & National Parks to visit by following @northerhq or get your Darwin daily fix @darwinweloveyou.