New month, new adventures! 🥾
Calling all adventurers! We’re excited to announce the new Norther Explorers of the Month for May 2023. Every month, we’ll be featuring a new set of Norther explorers who have been out there charting new territory, discovering hidden gems, and generally having a blast while doing it. Let’s catch up with this month’s (May) explorers.
1. Litchfield National ParkAre you looking for a magical and awe-inspiring experience? Look no further than the majestic cascades at Litchfield National Park. From breathtaking waterfalls to shimmering swimming holes, this park is sure to take your breath away! Whether you’re looking to cool off in the crystal-clear water or just marvel at the beauty of nature, the cascades at Litchfield National Park provide a perfect destination. Take a dip, sit back and soak in the views, or explore the incredible wildlife and landscapes. There’s something for everyone to enjoy here, so don’t miss out!. Like Andie’s post here.
2. Elsey National ParkIf you’re looking for a unique adventure, head to Elsey National Park, home of the breathtaking Bitter Springs! Here, you can take a dip in the crystal-clear waters of the springs, which are known for their unique and distinctively bitter taste. These waters are so mineral-rich that they’re full of beneficial healing properties, so you can feel the power of nature working its magic as you take a dip! Like Dylan’s post here.
3. Groote Eylandt
This pristine island in Australia’s Northern Territory is a true paradise, with its crystal-clear turquoise waters, white sandy beaches, and lush tropical forests. Everywhere you look in Groote Eylandt, you’re met with stunning views and a sense of tranquility. Like Christine’s post here.
Get your daily fix of Northern Territory beauty by following us on Instagram
Join our Newsletter List
Be the first to get travel hints and local recommendations.
4. West MacDonnell National Park
Are you ready to explore the wonders of Ormiston Gorge in the West MacDonnell National Park? This stunning gorge is a must-see for nature lovers and adventure seekers alike! The rugged red sandstone walls of Ormiston Gorge are the perfect backdrop for a day of exploration. Hike to the top of the gorge for panoramic views of the surrounding landscape, or wander through the lush vegetation along the creek bed. Make sure to pack plenty of water and wear sturdy shoes for the journey. Like Verity’s post here.
6. Keep River National Park
Imagine standing atop a hill at Keep River National Park, feeling the cool breeze on your skin and taking in the breathtaking views. From your vantage point, you can see the lush green landscape stretching out below you, with the winding river cutting through the middle. The sun is shining, and you can feel the warmth and peace emanating from the landscape.
Like Karen’s post here.
7. Finke Gorge National ParkHave you ever dreamed of being surrounded by nature’s beauty? Well, that dream can become a reality at Finke Gorge National Park! Located in Central Australia, this stunning park is an outdoor lover’s paradise. From its vibrant red sandstone walls to its lush vegetation, Finke Gorge National Park is a sight to behold. Like this beautiful family’s post here.
8. Elcho Island
Elcho Island is a small, remote island off the coast of Northern Australia, and it’s sunsets are simply incredible! Every evening the sky is painted with a mix of vibrant oranges, pinks and purples that stretch across the horizon. The reflection of the sun’s rays in the turquoise waters of the ocean add another layer of beauty to the stunning view. The peaceful atmosphere of Elcho Island at sunset is a magical experience that can’t be found anywhere else in the world!
Like Dona’s post here.
10. Limmen National ParkIf you’re an off-roading enthusiast, Limmen National Park is the ultimate destination for your 4WD adventure! The rugged and remote terrain of this spectacular park is perfect for exploring in your four-wheel drive vehicle. With winding tracks, deep gorges and spectacular views, you’ll be sure to have an unforgettable experience. Like Charlotte and Taichi’s post here.
11. Judbarra National Park
Have you ever dreamed of visiting a place that looks like it’s out of this world? Look no further than the magical Judbarra National Park! Located in the Northern Territory of Australia, this stunning park is full of natural beauty, breathtaking views, and exciting activities to enjoy. Like Rachel’s post here.
12. Nitmiluk National Park
Canoeing at Nitmiluk National Park is an experience like no other! Glide along the stunning Katherine River, and admire the beauty of the ancient sandstone cliffs as you pass by. Hear the calming sound of the water lapping against the side of your canoe, and get ready for an unforgettable adventure. Like Emma’s post here.
We are so incredibly grateful to all the amazing explorers out there who continue to tag us and share their amazing photos with us!
From beautiful landscapes to breathtaking views, you never cease to amaze us with your creativity and passion for the outdoors. We love seeing your unique perspectives, and it’s an honour to feature your work on our social platforms. Thank you for inspiring us with your incredible talent and for helping us to keep discovering the Northern Territory in all its beauty.
Norther® would like to invite you to explore more about the beauty of the NT here. And… as always you can get more inspiration for other Destinations & National Parks to visit by following @northerhq or get your Darwin daily fix @darwinweloveyou.